Version 0.7 (Novita) alpha is out for testing!Hello everyone! After some months of work, we’re releasing a preview of what Kuwaiba v0.7 (Novita) will be. The most important changes in this release are:
- Support for Java 7 (at both server and client side)
- Support for Glassfish 4
- It’s the first version dual-licensed EPL and GPLv2
- The Basic View was completely rewritten to make it lighter and compatible with new graphical components.
- Support for Software Assets Management (it’s basically a way to relate software licenses to GenericApplicationElements, that is, Servers, Workstations, Firewalls, etc).
- You can now assign colors to classes, so the instances of these classes (that is, the inventory assets) will appear colored in the Navigation Tree and the different views. This means that you no longer need to create icons for every class to identify their intances, just assign a color (see screenshot below).
- The GIS module (not availble yet in this alpha version)
- Support for service pools and customer pools in the service manager to organize in a better way your customers and services.
- The Rack view was integrated into the basic view (see screenshot)
- Relationship explorers were improved (see screenshot)
- A simple script to run the Persistence Service with no hassle! (not included in this alpha release)
- Many bug fixes.
- List type items can’t be renamed using the tree (you have to use the property sheet)
- Renaming an element in the property sheet won’t update the Navigation Tree accordingly
- Can’t rename service and customer pools
Note 1: Migration tools from version 0.6 to v0.7 will be provided in the final release.
Note 2: You can use this version with the v0.6 database, but you may experience some problems with Physical Containers in the Basic View and possibly with old services in the Service Manager
As any alpha version, you may expect bugs and weird debug messages, but it’s pretty usable right now. we encourage you to report bugs and make suggestions. We’re still finishing to document the new features, and as soon as the new manuals are available we will publish them. Enjoy it!Downloads here