Version 1.1 Is Out!This maintenance release brings a few useful improvements:
- Support for templates. In many scenarios there are some containment structures that are created recurrently, like Building ⇒ Floor ⇒ Room ⇒ Rack, or ODF/DDFs with large number of ports (12/24/36/48/72/96/144), or simply equipment with the same set of attributes, for example all the routers of certain model: The vendor, number of rack units, slots, etc will be always the same. Creating them from scratch every time is a tedious task. With Kuwaiba 1.1, you can use templates to create actual inventory elements more easily.
- User defined reports using Groovy scripting.
- The passwords are now stored using BCrypt. See the next section if you are upgrading from version 1.0.
- Connections have now tool text tips.
- General audit trail entries are sorted from the newest to the oldest.
- Many bug fixes and code clean up.
If you are upgrading from version 1.0, you need to run a couple patches before using version 1.1. Follow these steps:
- Undeploy the old version from Glassfish. You can do this using the command line
- Deploy the new version as you did with the version 1.0.
- Go to
http://localhost:8080/kuwaibaand click on Apply Patches.
- Select the two options and click on Apply. Important: All passwords will be reset to the same value of the user name (that is, the password for user "admin" will be "admin").